RSS
This is our story of immigration struggles and moving to Mexico so our family can be together. Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoy!

Almost 8yrs accident free...


This November will be the 8yr anniversary at my job. I have never had an accident or claim or anything. Well yesterday i shut my fingers in the safe. Not just any safe but a huge bigger than me bank safe. I have never felt pain like that in my life. Holy Moly. I thought i had lost my fingers. Amazingly enough nothing broken. A few nasty cuts and alot of bruising, but that is all. At the moment it happened though i figured i was going to be hand less. My fingers are pretty tough i suppose.

On another note, 6 weeks till the big day. People keep asking what i am doing to prepare.....uhhhhhhh nothing? Does popping xanax count? LOL. Really i am not doing much of anything other than getting Christmas shopping done. I have no loose ends. I live with my parents. I am bringing basically only clothing with me. I have given notice at my job. I really don't know what i should be doing? I am going on a tourist visa so no paper work is needed. I feel very chill about the whole thing. Maybe it is just a coping mechanism but i really don't think about the whole situation to much or for too long.

2 comments:

One Small Voz said...

When I came to Veracruz I took only two big suitcases and two carry-ons and was fine. Never regretted something I didn't bring. I would advise you to bring your important documents, like birth certificate, SS card, etc and keep them all in a safe place with your visa.

Hope you are excited! :)

Karen Bell said...

Ouch! I cringed just reading about your encounter with the bank safe.

I think it's OK to be chill about the move too. It is what it is. I think it's better to be relaxed than panicked.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Bienvenidos a Jali-Wood. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy